A palm tree tattoo: what is hiding behind the lovely sketches?
Many people assume that palm tattoos are simple and are mainly made for fun.
Well, if you are in this club, sit back and get prepared for surprises! In this article, we will consider the variety of palm tree tattoo sketches and their meanings, discuss the best locations and techniques for such sketches.
What may a palm tree tattoo mean?
Unpredictable, though it might sound, a tattoo with a palm tree can have various meanings.
The palm sketch connotations may vary from funny associations with a vacation to deep and even sacral senses.
- Palm tree tattoo as a symbol of life energy: This plant is associated with nature and vegetation. It can represent the power of a wild environment, growth, renewal and vitality. The palm tree tattoo can depict the connection of a person with nature and his or her respect for the life cycles;
- A palm tree and religion: In religious or spiritual contexts, the palm tree can be a symbol of divinity, blessing or patronage. Ancient legends say that people used to draw divine images above the palm tree branches as a sign of the plant’s power;
- Palm tattoo as a symbol of motherhood and fruitfulness: The palm is known to have a new branch each month. Because of this, the plant is often associated with feminine energy and symbolizes happy marriage and motherhood;
- Palm sketches and strength: In some traditions, the palm tree is associated with such traits as wisdom, resistance, and flexibility. Palm tree tattoos can symbolize the ability to adapt to new circumstances and remain strong despite adversities.
- Protective power of the palm tree tattoo: A palm tree tattoo acts as a talisman, helping to prevent accidents and failures in personal and professional spheres of life. So, if you are looking for a powerful amulet, a palm tattoo is worth considering.
Apart from these deep meanings, palm tattoos are also done as a reminder of happy moments and joyful trips. Have you known that sailors used to get tattoos with this plant after voyages to warm countries? That’s the eternal culture.
How to make a palm tree tattoo look special ?
While deciding on a palm tree sketch, use all of your imagination.
If you are a fan of interesting and eye-catching body illustrations, we have some interesting ideas for you.
- Black and white palm tattoo: Such a sketch option is especially popular among men. It is believed that the owners of black and white palm tree tattoos want to emphasize their young souls;
- A sketch with a palm branch: This tattoo usually symbolizes lust for life and resilience. Some people say that this sketch is associated with the victory of life over death and is frequently made by people suffering from serious illnesses;
- A watercolor palm tree tattoo: Tattoos made in this technique look bright and stylish. People usually add additional colourful elements such as the sun, ocean or sky. You can also use this tattoo idea as a part of the sleeve tattoos;
- Minimalistic palm tattoo: A tiny palm tree or a palm leaf tattoo looks especially attractive on the neck, wrists, ribs, and ankles. Many people view small tattoos as powerful amulets and believe that can bring good luck;
- Palm tree tattoo with dates: Since palms grow despite the big pressure from their fruits, plants are also considered to be a symbol of strength and resilience.
Note that the tattoo location depends on the sketch size. A palm tree is a universal symbol that can be done at any part of the body. For large sketches, it is recommended to choose back, chest, thigh or shoulder blades. At the same time, minimalistic palm tattoos look magnificent on the fingers, collarbones, and behind the ears.
Female palm tree tattoo
As mentioned, initially, palm was associated with women.
It used to be a symbol of fertility and femininity. What’s more, a thin tree stem is usually associated with the female waist. For that reason, women might want to get a palm tattoo to boost their natural beauty and charm.
They usually opt for minimalistic sketches with thin lines and additional inscriptions. The tattoo location and style may vary depending on the person’s preferences.
Palm tattoos for men
Men usually opt for palm tree tattoos because the association with this plant arise.
The owners of such sketches usually want to boost their traits, since the plant symbolizes:
- courage and masculinity;
- persistence in achieving planned goals;
- huge inner potential;
- flexibility and courage;
- lust for life.
Male palm tree tattoos are frequently done in watercolor or realism. Among the most popular locations are the forearm, chest, and back. Men prefer to add additional elements to the palm sketches, including birds, sun, sand, etc. You can also see a few palms within one tattoo sketch.
Does a palm tree tattoo deserve our attention?
The answer is 100% yes! Apart from its visual attractiveness, palm tree tattoos can become a powerful and meaningful body decoration.
This tattoo has no negative connotations, that’s quite rare.
So, you can choose any palm sketch you like without the fear of being misunderstood! Don’t be afraid to experiment with elements, styles, and colors – that’s how the best tattoo ideas appear!