Clock tattoo: meaning,
styles and designs
Clock tattoo is one of the most common in the world.
The first mention of the device for measuring time dates back to the third millennium BC. The clock is a symbol of high technology, technological progress and well-being. Since ancient times, the clock has been worn by extremely wealthy, influential, and successful people.
Clock tattoo meaning
There are different versions of the tattoo clock.
The body image with this device symbolizes the transience of time, the beginning or the end of life. The hands on the dial in a certain position often point to a memorable date, an important event that happened in a person’s life. Each person adds detail, puts their own meaning into the tattoo, which as a result becomes unique.
Unlimited design options are an additional reason to choose a clock tattoo.
Time measuring devices differ in shape, mechanism of action and size. There are sand and solar, mechanical and electronic ones, watches, wall and floor clocks. The abundance of options expands the freedom of design. Popular designs:
- Broken clock symbolizes a severe time shortage and a desire to slow down the rapid course of life. The image is combined with roses, birds and skulls.
- With a rose. The main meanings are love and romance, beauty and courage. The body image reminds of the transience of life and the need to enjoy every moment.
- In the style of Salvador Dalí. «A melting clock», the soft clock in the picture « The Persistence of Memory» of the Spanish painter symbolizes the relativity of space and time. The surrealist plot breaks down traditional notions of time and cosmic order.
- Antique watches. An ancient device illustrates the connection with the past and respect for ancestors. A luxurious watch with ornate patterns and a swinging pendulum is a suitable plot for decorating the body.
- With a heart. One way to demonstrate love. The clocks in the body pattern indicate strong feelings that will not fade over time.
- With the eye. The body pattern represents unlimited possibilities based on intuition and insight. The combination of hours and eyes is a powerful charm that protects from troubles and helps to move unhindered along the life path.
- Clock tower. Popularity of such a variant is due to aesthetic attractiveness. Many people choose a story to highlight their love of travel and history.
- With a skull. It symbolizes the transience of life and the inevitability of death. Indicates the inexorability of time and the cyclic change of stages of life.
- With compass. Time and direction of the path are important components of life. Tattoo means choosing life priorities and being faithful to spiritual values.
- With a lion. Symbolizes overcoming obstacles, achieving goals and fortitude. The design is suitable for creating a large-scale composition.
- With sunflower. Tattoo acquires a life-affirming, positive meaning. Means happy life and luck.
Many aspects of the tattoo sketch are personalized.
The future owner chooses shape, size and color. In the case of a clock, you can choose the time that the device shows. Hands on the dial can indicate the time of birth of the owner and his/her beloved ones. To capture the date of an important event - wedding, sports or professional achievement, it is worth choosing a design with an electronic clock, where in addition to time can reflect the day, month and year.
Clock tattoos are made in different styles.
This is the optimal choice for making sleeves. The usage of clocks in combination with other subjects broadens the meaning of tattoos and helps to focus. The composition of the sleeve is often added roses, wings, anchor, images of birds and animals. The set of components depends on the idea and concept of the body image. Popular styles:
- Traditional. The style reflects the surrealist atmosphere best of all. The simplified appearance of objects, expressive black outlines and bright colors help to create real paintings.
- Minimalism. Small-size body image can be placed in any part of the body and if it is necessary, hide from prying eyes. An additional plus – a clock tattoo in minimalist style will remain relevant after decades.
- Realism. The mechanism of the classic clock consists of more than 130 details. In a realistic image the master works through each element of the drawing. Gears and wheels looking out of the case will help to create a technological pattern. The topic of technology is relevant in the field of body art.
Clock tattoos depending on the style of performance may look enthusiastic or realistic, gentle or brutal.
A clock tattoo looks great in any part of the body. Often the body image is performed on the shoulder or forearm, back and chest, thighs and legs. The forearms and shoulders are rounded, ideal for getting images of any size.