Ear cartilage piercing
Ear cartilage punctures are a fashion trend nowadays.
Their popularity is inferior only to the most common variant - earrings in the earlobes. This is quite natural: such a decoration looks incredibly effective, and the variability of the location of the puncture and the choice of jewelry will allow everyone to choose the perfect and harmonious piercing.
Let’s talk a little bit about styles
In fact, when we are talking about piercing in the cartilage area of the ear, we mean all kinds of punctures that allow you to create a spectacular look and highlight the individual features of your appearance and chosen style.
In addition to an impressive number of different styles, there are also differences in terminology adopted in different regions. Here are some of the most popular options:
- ⦁ «Helix» - any piercing made to the upper cartilage of the ear – but there are different kinds of helix piercings. A standard helix piercing is made in the outer upper cartilage, but you can also get forward, backward, double or even triple helix piercings;
- ⦁ «Daith» - is hidden in the middle of your ear. This piercing is placed very close to the ear canal, and thus must pass through the smallest fold with cartilage.;
- ⦁ «Conch» - is a piercing in the inner part of the ear cartilage;
- ⦁ «Orbital» includes two holes connected by a hoop. This piercing is made either on the ear lobe or the lower portion of the outer ear (helix). An orbital piercing is similar to an industrial placement with a significantly lower pain level and shorter healing window;
- ⦁ «Tragus» - s a piercing that is located on the small piece of cartilage that covers the ear canal;
- ⦁ «Industrial» is any ear piercing that consists of two pierced holes connected with a single piece of jewelry. These piercings typically consist of a double perforation of the upper ear cartilage specifically.
Of course, these are not all possible options. For example, many girls express the desire to make not one, but several punctures to wear a lot of small earrings or decorations of the original design.
Let’s choose jewelry
For a puncture to look neat, the master must know from the beginning how massive will be the decoration for piercing.
Here are some of the most common types of jewelry:
- Barella - a tube equipped with two fixators (stones, spikes, balls), which passes through two holes;
- Ring - one of the standard types of piercing, having the form of an open circle with a decorative insert;
- Labret is a barbell with a flat disc on the back. So named for its comfort in labret piercings;
- Circular - the decoration of the horseshoe shape, the ends of which are decorated with balls;
- Banana - jewelry of curved shape with balls, cones or other decorative elements.
How a skin puncture is performed?
It does not matter how long you have been dreaming to pierce the ear to wear piercing in the style of «helix» or just a couple of weeks carry such a plan.
It is important to understand that such beauty procedure has long been worked out, which means that an experienced master will be able to perform it, minimizing the level of discomfort for the client.
Implementation of the piercing ear cartilage consists of the following steps:
- Examining of the ear and selection of the optimal place for puncture. An experienced specialist will take into account the localization of the vessels and other individual features of the client’s ear.
- Treatment with an antiseptic composition of the puncture field. The point where it will be executed, mark with a special marker.
- Cartilage is fixed using a special clamp.
- The needle-catheter is used to make a puncture. The needle is removed, the leg of a pre-disinfected earring is introduced into its place. Optimal type of disinfection earring - heating in the autoclave.
- In the process of threading the earring, the catheter will be pushed out of the puncture. The master will fix the decoration.
This procedure can be considered completed. However, if for puncturing (or creating multiple holes) the client chose particularly sensitive locations, the master uses local anesthetics to make the procedure completely painless.
How to avoid complications?
It is important to remember that the responsible master will never perform the procedure of cartilage ear piercing in these cases:
- A pregnant woman;
- People with acute infectious disease or inflammatory process;
- People under the age of majority.
In addition, such procedures are contraindicated for persons with diabetes mellitus, blood clotting disorders, autoimmune diseases.
To avoid possible problems, it is important to carefully implement all the recommendations of the specialist, and of course, very carefully choose the place where you will provide such a service. In our studio, cartilage ear piercing is performed only by the most experienced and trained specialists who know the technique of such procedure.
In our studio we use only the most advanced equipment, allowing quick and with minimal discomfort to perform any kind of puncture. Equipment and decorations are disinfected, and for puncture site treatment we use certified safe antiseptics and anesthetics. During the consultation, the client will receive a full set of recommendations for safe and effective aftercare of piercing, choice of puncture wound and jewelry.