Tattoo removal aftercare
Tattoo is a popular kind of body art.
The picture decorates the body, promotes self-expression and expression of individuality. It happens that a tattoo loses its relevance, for example, when it is dedicated to an ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend. After a breakup, people want to remove such tattoos to avoid being reminded of a failed relationship. Other reasons for tattoo removal are strict dress code at work, radical image change, image deformation.
Regardless of the reasons that make tattoo owners choose laser removal service, it is important to find a reliable salon. In «VeAn» salon network removal is carried out with the help of modern equipment, which minimizes the risk of complications. If you remove the tattoo with our help, be sure to receive detailed instructions on how to organize aftercare for the place of exposure. Proper aftercare helps to restore the skin, prevents the development of inflammatory processes and allergic reactions. In the salon «VeAn» you can buy professional products for aftercare of the place of exposure - antiseptic solutions, healing creams and ointments. The master will choose the best means taking into account the features of the skin and size of the tattoo.
What happens to the
skin after the procedure?
The removal of the tattoo with the help of modern laser devices has a minimum of traumatic effects on the skin.
Laser radiation of a certain wave destroys the pigment without affecting skin cells. However, laser radiation is a thermal effect that leads to the development of a protective reaction of the body. The usual symptoms after the procedure are redness, tissue swelling, burning and pains of moderate character. Such manifestations are considered the norm and take place within 1-3 days.
In some cases, there are blisters due to thermal burn. Inside the blisters is a transparent tissue fluid that comes from the damaged vessels of the capillary channel. Skin of different people differs in sensitivity. On skin with increased sensitivity, blisters appear 1-3 hours after the session. The main rule in this case is responsible aftercare and regular surface treatment with special means, which the master will recommend. It is strictly forbidden to rub, rip and press blisters, which can cause infection and subsequent formation of scars.
Gradually, the content of the blister acquires a yellowish hue. Under the liquid, a new layer of skin is formed. Within 1-2 weeks after the session, the old skin is dried and separated. With proper aftercare, blisters pass without developing an inflammatory process.
- Surface treatment with antiseptic solution to remove dirt.
- Application of special ointments such as Etonyi, Bepanten, Pantestin (choose will the help your master). Ointments contain substances that have antibacterial, regenerating and wound-healing effects.
- The application of a protective bandage or special film that protects the wound surface from mechanical contact with clothing, dust and other external influences.
Treatment of the exposure area is performed 3-5 times during the day. The duration is 2-3 weeks. Mechanical impact on the wound must be completely eliminated. If crusts are formed, they cannot be removed by yourself. Scratching the site of exposure and removal of crusts can cause the penetration of pathogenic micro-organisms, which will provoke the development of the inflammatory process.
Complete tattoo removal requires 3-6 sessions. The number of sessions depends on the individual features of the body, the type and color of the pigment. For example, yellow, purple and green ink are harder to remove. According to statistics, 3% of clients at the site of the removed tattoo remains a scar. The scar doesn’t necessarily come from laser tattoo removal. Often it is already present under the tattoo, which long healed after applying the pigment.
The intervals between tattoo removal procedures are 30-60 days (depends on the rate of healing of skin tissues). After each procedure, it is necessary to arrange full aftercare of the site of exposure.
Features of aftercare
It is prohibited to wash the site of exposure for 3 days after removal of the tattoo.
You may not shave the area of exposure for 10 days. After the procedure, an abundant drink is recommended until the skin is completely restored. Sufficient water in the body contributes to the rapid removal of pigment together with lymph current. Other recommendations:
- Do not drink alcohol for 3 days after the session.
- Do not apply decorative and care cosmetics, including anti-cellulite, moisturizing, nourishing creams and gels, to the skin surface for 10 days after the session. Avoid contact of the site of exposure with chemicals that are contained in liquid soap, shower gel, shampoo. Components that are present in the detergent can provoke an allergic reaction and inflammatory process in contact with damaged skin.
- Do not use for treating wound surfaces that contain alcohol or iodine.
- Do not use products for the treatment of the site of exposure, except those which are recommended by the master. You should not choose the means yourself. In our salon you will receive a list of products that can be used. All solutions, ointments and creams can be bought in the network of «VeAn». The catalogue contains products of reliable manufacturers intended for professional use.
- Protect your skin from sunlight. The first 3 days after the session, refuse to walk on the street during the hours of increased sun activity - from 11-00 to 17-00 hours. After healing, apply a cream with a protection factor of SPF 50 before going outside. It is better to cover additionally the exposure area with clothing from soft fabric. Protection of the skin from sunlight is aimed at preventing hyperpigmentation in the long term.
- Prevent dust and dirt from hitting the skin.
- Don’t rub and scratch the place where the tattoo was. In the process of tissue regeneration, itching occurs, indicating a normal recovery process.
- Refrain from exercising for 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Wear loose clothes made of cotton fabric. It is not recommended to wear tight clothing made of synthetic materials and wool for 2-3 weeks after the procedure.
- Hygienic procedures in the form of a warm shower are allowed 3 days after the session. Hot baths are contraindicated for 2-3 weeks.
It is forbidden for 2-3 weeks after laser tattoo removal to visit baths and saunas, swimming pools, beaches and solariums. Regardless of the type of equipment and the professionalism of the master procedure is serious stress for the skin. Proper aftercare will help the skin to recover quickly without complications in the form of scars and inflammatory processes. If you have symptoms such as increased body temperature, painful compaction in the area of the removed tattoo, urgently contact our master or consult a doctor. Free consultations are available by phone and in person.